International Delusions

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."


I have voted Liberal Democrat for 20 years but as the "Left" declines further and further into insanity and leaves me further and further to the "Right", I see no alternative but to vote for the BNP (or another right-of-centre party should one appear). Tired of seeing the ever increasing number of rabid, ludicrous, hate-filled, "left-wing" blogs, I thought I'd better participate. Now it seems this makes me a racist, fascist, Islamophobic, "Zio-Nazi" (!), crusading white supremacist! I'm such an enigma, even to myself.

Islamophobia - an entirely rational recognition of the threat posed by radical Islam.

Racist/Fascist/Islamophobe/Etc. - anyone who recognises said threat or attempts to resist the global jihad.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Blair accepts 'disaster' in Iraq

When I saw this interview on the news on Friday evening I was so impressed with Blair's words that I started to write them down so I wouldn't forget them. At the time, it seemed like such a succinct summary of the situation that I expected the interview to be buried because we can't have facts being reported in the media (especially Al-Jazeera). I was almost right; rather than focusing on his summary of the situation, the media are focusing on the fact that he said "it is" at the start. Does anyone think it's not a disaster? If he'd said "no, I disagree, it has been an overwhelming success" then the press might have something to gripe about. For me, the important part of the speech is being overlooked and I'm glad to see that the BBC have quoted the rest of the sentence in full: "It's not difficult because of some accident in planning. It's difficult because there's a deliberate strategy - al-Qaeda with Sunni insurgents on one hand, Iranian-backed elements with Shia militias on the other - to create a situation in which the will of the majority for peace is displaced by the will of the minority for war."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home